This Sunday is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church (IDOP). Let’s join together as a church family to pray for our brothers and sisters in Jesus who are suffering for the sake of the Gospel.
Here are some ways you can pray:
- Praise God that He is sovereignly at work and present even in the midst of suffering and persecution.
- Pray for the growth of the Church where persecution exists.
- Pray that governments worldwide will work for justice & righteousness in countries where persecution exists.
- Pray for strength, peace, courage and steadfast faith for those undergoing persecution.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will enable persecuted Christians to forgive and love their persecutors, and that their Christ-like reactions will have an impact on their persecutors.
- Pray for all believers to be spiritually ready for whatever tomorrow brings, whether persecution, relief from suffering or Christ’s return.
You can learn more about the needs of persecuted believers and the power of God working in their lives in the following video, "Solitary Prayer" and by visiting "Voice of the Martyrs".